Authorities were examining reports that a Savills employee’s Twitter account had been hacked after the luxury estate agent suspended him over a horrible racist message about black England sportsmen.
Following England’s penalty shootout loss to Italy in the Euro 2020 final on Sunday night, Andrew Bone contacted Greater Manchester Police after a tweet on his account read: ‘N*****s destroyed it for us.’ The remark was tweeted immediately after England players Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford, and Jadon Sancho congratulated each other.
The tweet was deleted after Mr Bone, who is 37 years old and lives in Manchester, was widely accused of being a racist.
Then, on his Twitter page, he wrote: ‘Omg (oh my God), I haven’t said anything.’ His stepfather Robert Dutson later told MailOnline: ‘He didn’t post the statement.’
His account has been compromised.
He has reported it to the authorities.
They’re investigating it right now.
‘People began accusing him of being racist.’
He isn’t like that.
He isn’t a bigot.
Andrew Bone (left and right) called Greater Manchester Police following a racist comment was put on his Twitter account. The message was posted on Mr Bone’s profile immediately after three England players missed their penalties. England’s Bukayo Saka applauds fans after the Euro 2020 final against Italy at Wembley Stadiu.
Mr. Bone’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts have also been deactivated.
A prior tweet from his account, which was posted in March, was also discovered yesterday.
Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, will call on social media companies to take tougher action against online racism following the harassment of England football players, which he characterized as coming “from the dark depths of the internet.”
In the wake of the attacks after the team’s failure in the Euro 2020 final, the Prime Minister was ready to meet with firms in No 10 on Tuesday to discuss internet bullying.
In the meeting, Downing Street said he will’reiterate the urgent need for action,’ but he also had to defend Mr Johnson and Priti Patel’s earlier comments.
Tyrone Mings, an England footballer, accused the Home Secretary of’stoking the fire’ in the competition by criticizing the team for kneeling in protest of racism as ‘gesture politics.’
Mr Johnson began a meeting of his Cabinet on Tuesday by condemning the racist attacks on players that occurred after Sunday’s match, according to No 10.
‘He said the abuse was completely despicable and had come from the darkest corners of the internet,’ said the Prime Minister’s official spokeswoman.
‘He stated he’d use today’s meeting with social media companies to stress the urgent need for action ahead of stiffer legislation enacted by the Internet Harms Bill,’ it said.
How does anyone resolve this? It appears that only people of black origin have concluded that the world is against them, or that those of white origin are against them.
‘Greater Manchester Police has received complaints concerning a social media post following the Italy against England Euro 2020 final at Wembley Stadium,’ a spokesman for the force said.
‘Reports from around the United Kingdom are being compiled by the United Kingdom Football Policing Unit and the Metropolitan Police, and will subsequently be given to the relevant forces for further investigation if required,’ a source within the force told MailOnline.
‘Savills confirms that the staff member linked to the racist comments on Twitter alleges that his account was taken over by a third party, and that the matter is being forwarded to the Greater Manchester Police,’ a Savills spokeswoman said.
‘Savills has acted quickly and confirmed that the worker has been suspended from duty awaiting the outcome of this investigation, which is currently underway.’
Mr Bone lives in a two-bedroom terrace property in Sale, Cheshire, that he acquired for PS242,500 in September.
That comes as another black England footballer, Tyrone Mings, launched a stinging attack on Home Secretary Priti Patel last night, accusing her of double standards after she condemned bullying of black players.
The defender blamed Miss Patel for’stoking the flames’ when she suggested that the England team’s kneeling was ‘gesture politics’ before the start of Euro 2020, in what was the first criticism of the Government by a member of the Three Lions.
When the three black players who missed penalties against Italy received hundreds of abusive and racist messages on their social media profiles, Mings, 28, claimed the Home Secretary was ‘pretending’ to be horrified.
The Home Secretary expressed her displeasure in a tweet yesterday, writing, “I am disappointed that England players who have done so much for our country have been subjected to terrible racial abuse.”
‘That has no place in our country, and I support the authorities in holding those guilty accountable,’ she added. Marcus Rashford (left) and Jadon Sancho (right) also endured racial abuse after missing penalties in the final on Sunday. Bukayo Saka, 19, is inconsolable after failing to score his penalty kick and gifting victory to the Italians.
Several England fans booed the squad as they took the knee early in the competition.
The Prime Minister’s official spokesman initially refused to denounce them, instead urging supporters to be’respectful.’
Boris Johnson wanted fans to ‘cheer them on, not boo them,’ but it took four days for a No 10 spokesman to toughen up and say that he wanted fans to ‘cheer them on, not boo them.’
Miss Patel chose not to criticize the boos the following week, stating it was a ‘decision for them,’ while criticizing taking the knee as ‘gesture politics.’
After Mr Johnson and Miss Patel condemned the racist comments, Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner compared them to “arsonists whining about a fire.”
The England team “deserves to be celebrated as heroes, not racially attacked on social media,” Mr Johnson said.
‘The Prime Minister and the Home Secretary gave license to the fascists who booed England players and are now racially assaulting England players,’ Ms Rayner responded.
‘Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are arsonists whining over a fire they put out with gasoline.’
‘Total hypocrites.’ A mural honoring England star Marcus Rashford was vandalized less than an hour after the country’s defeat in the Euro 2020 final on Sunday. Former England player Gary Neville also criticized Mr Johnson, claiming he promoted prejudice by referring to Muslim women as ‘letterboxes.’
‘The Prime Minister stated it was fine for the people of this nation to boo those players who were trying to promote equality and defend against racism,’ Neville said on Sky News. What have social media sites said regarding racist abuse directed at England’s players?
‘No one should have to face racial abuse anywhere, and we don’t want it on Instagram,’ said Facebook, which also owns Instagram.
‘Last night, we immediately removed comments and accounts aimed at England’s footballers, and we’ll continue to take action against individuals who break our rules,’ the company said.
‘In addition to our efforts to remove harmful content, we advise all players to enable Hidden Words, a feature that ensures no one sees abuse in their comments or direct messages.’
‘Nothing can solve this problem overnight, but we’re committed to protecting our community from abuse.’ Twitter ‘The heinous racial abuse hurled against England players last night (Sunday) has no place on Twitter.’
‘We have rapidly removed over 1,000 Tweets and permanently suspended a handful of accounts for breaching our rules in the last 24 hours, using a combination of machine learning-based automation and human review – the vast majority of which we spotted ourselves proactively using technology.’
‘When we find any Tweets or accounts that violate our regulations, we will continue to take action.’
‘We have proactively engaged and continue to interact with our partners throughout the football community to seek methods to collectively tackle this issue, and we will continue to play our role in limiting this unacceptable behavior – both online and offline,’ Mr Johnson’s official spokesperson denied the claim, saying, ‘The Prime Minister was clear that he wanted to see everyone gettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
He made that plain before England’s first game.’ Yesterday, Prince William led a chorus of criticism against the racial abuse aimed at Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and 19-year-old Bukayo Saka, the three players who missed penalties.
The Duke of Cambridge described ‘this disgusting behavior’ as’sickening,’ and demanded that those responsible be held accountable.
On Sunday night, William, the president of the Football Association, watched England lose to Italy with his wife Kate and seven-year-old son George.
‘I am sickened by the racial comments aimed at England players following last night’s match,’ said the duke, who consoled the team in their dressing room after the game.
It is completely intolerable that athletes must put up with such heinous behavior.
‘That has to end now, and everyone responsible should be held accountable,’ William’s father, Prince Charles, said of the Three Lions’ performance.
‘Recognizing the rich range of cultures that make this country so remarkable lies at the heart of what we can be as a nation,’ he added. The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, praised the England team as an example of the country’s best qualities.
‘Rashford, Sancho, and Saka showed amazing bravery in taking penalties,’ he remarked.
Those who racially abuse them demonstrate the opposite and must be held accountable.’ England captain Harry Kane tweeted last night: ‘Three lads who have been outstanding all summer had the courage to step up and accept a pen when the stakes were high.’
They deserve love and encouragement, not the nasty racial insults they’ve been subjected to since then.
If you abuse anyone on social media, you’re not an England fan, and we don’t want you.’ England manager Gareth Southgate added: ‘It’s terrible that some of them have been insulted.’
We’ve been a lighthouse for bringing people together, and the national team represents everyone.
‘We felt the enthusiasm and happiness from the fans, and I’m extremely happy of it.’ Yesterday, social media corporations were slammed for not doing enough to combat abuse.
The government threatened them with sanctions of up to 10% of their global income if they did not act in February.
Officials have proposed a Law that would impose a legal duty of care on digital companies to safeguard consumers from damage, such as nasty comments and threats made online.
‘Social media businesses need to lift their game,’ said Culture Minister Oliver Dowden.
Part of the issue is that computer behemoths rely on automated systems to weed out abuse, which are limited in what they can do.
Within the last 24 hours, Twitter said it has banned over 1,000 postings and suspended a number of accounts for breaking its rules.