Connect with us

News

Coach Arrested For Racist Remark To Rashford Says Hemay Have Posted Tweet While Inebriated At Euro 2020

Advertisement The children’s football coach who was detained for tweeting racist insults at England’s Marcus Rashford following the Three Lions’ Euro 2016 defeat to Italy has admitted that he may have sent the message while inebriated.

After England striker Nick Scott missed a penalty in Sunday’s sad final at Wembley, the 50-year-old initially denied posting the disgusting message, saying that his Twitter account had been hijacked.

But, he has since admitted that he may have emailed the obscene remarks ‘unknowingly’ while inebriated.

Scott, who hails from Powick, near Worcester, has also pleaded with Manchester United star Marcus Rashford for forgiveness, claiming that he benefited from the England player’s free meal initiative.

He further denied being a racist, claiming that he is a “quarter black South African” who married a German woman.

‘I was hammered at the time and don’t remember doing it,’ Scott told The Sun.

But if I did, I’d like Marcus to know that I’m truly sorry and sincerely apologize.

With everything he’s done for my kids and all the other kids in the country with free school lunches, he deserves a pat on the back.

‘He’s a complete genius.’

Scott was previously married to ‘Lotto Gran’ Susanne Hinte, a healthcare worker who notoriously tried to claim a PS33 million prize by claiming she’d thrown her winning ticket in the washing machine.’

They had a child together before she made headlines in January 2016 when she contacted Camelot to claim a portion of a PS66 million jackpot.

He was described at the time as suggesting that because they were still legally married, he could claim half of the money.

Camelot, on the other hand, turned down the grandmother-of-four’s claim.

After England striker Nick Scott missed a penalty in Sunday’s sad final at Wembley, he initially denied sending the ugly post and claimed that his Twitter account had been hacked. However, he has since revealed that he may have ‘unknowingly’ tweeted the obscene words while inebriated.

Scott, from Powick, near Worcester, has also sought Manchester United star Marcus Rashford’s forgiveness, claiming that he benefited from the England player’s free dinners campaign. England’s Bukayo Saka applauds fans after the Euro 2020 final against Italy at Wembley Stadium on Sunday night Saka is consoled by Gareth Southgate following the penalty shootout in the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday night

Following the Three Lions’ penalty shootout loss to Italy on Sunday, the UK Football Police Unit issued an update on its investigation into abusive posts directed against Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka.

Plasterer Brad Pretty, 49, from Folkestone, Kent; estate agent Andrew Bone, 37, from Sale, Cheshire; and children’s football coach Nick Scott, 50, from Powick, Worcestershire, have all been officially recognized.

A fourth suspect, a 37-year-old guy from Greater Manchester’s Ashton-upon-Mersey, was apprehended yesterday, officials said, before a fifth, a 42-year-old man from Runcorn, was apprehended today in Cheshire.

In the 24 hours leading up to and following the match, Twitter stated it had removed over 1,000 postings and suspended a number of accounts for breaking its rules.

Facebook and Instagram both stated they immediately removed hateful remarks off their platforms.

Now he’s the center of attention after allegedly tweeting minutes after England’s penalty shootout loss to Italy on Sunday.

‘Marcus Rashford that MBE needs burning ya fake,’ read a tweet linked to Mr Scott.

‘Take your belongings and get back to your own country,’ the roofer said at first, claiming that his account had been hijacked.

‘The first I heard about it was…,’ he continued.

when I first awoke

I’m going to see my lawyer.

I’m not sure who hacked me.’ Two hours after the game concluded, he posted another message on his Twitter profile, which read: ‘I need to apologise to Marcus Rashford.’

‘I’m still angry, but not with you,’ Scott said, in one of several racist messages directed at England players who missed penalties.

Racist graffiti was also sprayed on a mural dedicated to Rashford in his hometown of Manchester the next day.

‘Nick was a decent step-dad to me,’ Ms Hinte’s daughter, Natasha, 33, said.

He bought me a shirt with my name on the back and took me to see Wolves on the community coach.

Ms Hinte, a mother of two, died in 2017 at the age of 49 after having a heart attack at her home in Worcester. ‘That is not what I would have anticipated from him, but I can’t really comment because I haven’t had any touch with him in about 20 years.’

Following the Lotto controversy, her daughter received a five-figure settlement from The Sun newspaper, which had used’revenge porn’ photographs of her in the aftermath.

No social media platform has revealed how many posts regarding the England squad have been flagged as racist in recent days, and none has responded to MailOnline’s demands for information.

Twitter claims to have deleted over 1,000 messages, but does not specify how many were flagged as racist by its censors.

According to the Centre for Countering Digital Hate, only six of 106 accounts reported by users for transmitting racial abuse were taken down by Facebook-owned Instagram.

The Football Association will question Saka, Rashford, and Sancho about if they want any of individuals who posted racist remarks to be prosecuted.

Even if the footballers do not want criminal proceedings to proceed, their opinions will be communicated on to investigating officers. But, even if the footballers do not want criminal cases to proceed, police and the CPS may still charge suspects.

It came as the Centre for Countering Digital Hate said that Instagram had removed only six of 106 accounts flagged by users for transmitting racial abuse, while the i reported that it had left 42 comments comparing the three footballers to monkeys and 17 postings containing the N-word on the platform.

Mr. Scott, 50, of Powick, near Worcester, married Ms. Hinte, a healthcare worker, in 1999.

British manager Gareth Southgate and Bukayo Saka look devastated after the final England captain Harry Kane gave a scathing social media response to people who hurled racist abuse to Saka, Rashford, and Sancho after they failed to score spot-kicks in England’s heartbreaking 3-2 defeat on penalties against Italy Overall view inside the stadium

England captain Harry Kane offered a powerful social media message to people who called Saka, Rashford, and Sancho racists after they failed to score spot-kicks in England’s heartbreaking 3-2 penalty shootout loss to Italy, saying on Twitter: ‘We don’t want you.’

‘Three outstanding lads had the bravery to go up and take a pen when the stakes were high,’ Kane added.

They deserve help and support, not the nasty racist insults they’ve been subjected to since last night.

‘If you attack someone on social media, you’re not an England supporter, and we don’t want you,’ England manager Gareth Southgate said. ‘It’s just not what we stand for.’

We’ve been a beacon of light in bringing people together, in allowing people to relate to the national team, and the national team represents everyone, therefore the spirit of unity must continue.

‘We have demonstrated the strength of our country when it comes together and has that enthusiasm and positivity.’

It’s not a issue of players not volunteering or more experienced players declining to take the penalties; it’s entirely up to me.’

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in News