Connect with us


Before Slipping Into Wembley Without A Ticket For The Euros Final An England Supporter Drank 20 Cans Of Cider

An England supporter who was caught with a lighted flare protruding from his bottom amid chaotic scenes in the build-up to the Euro 2020 final claimed to have consumed 20 cans of cider before obtaining admission to Wembley Stadium without a ticket claimed to have consumed 20 cans of cider before gaining access to Wembley Stadium without a ticket.

After being photographed in a gathering of England supporters before the match amid the burning pyrotechnics, Charlie Perry told The Sun that he regretted “nothing.”

“I’d been on the p*** since half eight in the morning and had at least 20 cans of Strongbow,” the Chelsea supporter, 25, added.

“It was the most important day of my life.”

That day, there were no rules.

All I know is that I enjoyed every minute of it.

Later that evening, a second shot appeared to show Mr Perry inside the stadium, and he appeared to be having a good time.

He told the newspaper, “Clearly, I didn’t have a ticket.”

“I had gone in as a gibber [someone who gains entry to a stadium without a ticket] previously, so I knew how to get inside the stadium already,” the builder from Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, stated.

“Everyone was having a good time, and there was a bit of a competition to see who could do the most things, so I just thought I’d stick the flare up my bum.”

Apart from Chelsea vs. Man City in the Champions League, it was the most important day of my life.

“The flare burned around my cheeks for maybe 10 seconds or so, but I didn’t feel a thing since I was so inebriated.”

No one had dared me to attempt it.

“It was a pretty foolish thing to do.” Chaotic scenes erupted around the city on Sunday, and officials subsequently revealed there had been “an issue” at Wembley Stadium’s outside security perimeter area, where footage showed a mob of fans attempting to get entry.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Jane Connors, who directed the Metropolitan Police Department’s reaction to the tournament, dismissed claims that the policing operation had failed.

“I do not accept that the policing operation failed, and I support the difficult decisions made by police officers and the Metropolitan Police’s public order commanders,” she said.

“Without their prompt involvement, this game may have been abandoned,” the force stated, adding that 51 people were detained and 19 officers were hurt, including one who suffered a fractured hand and another who had a tooth knocked out during the final.

Mark Bullingham, the Football Association’s chief executive, warned on Monday that the incident would be thoroughly investigated, accusing “drunk yobs” of attempting to enter the stadium without tickets.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in News