Connect with us

News

Two People Have Been Arrested In Connection With Ticketless Fans Entering Wembley Stadium

What’s been said so far?
“Two males have been detained on suspicion of theft following accusations that they took things and shared them for the aim of allowing people to have unauthorised admission to Wembley stadium for the Euro 2020 final,” the Met Police said in a statement on Friday.
“As investigations continue, an 18-year-old male from Ilford, London, and an 18-year-old guy from Newham, London, have both been released under police investigation.”
“The action follows the Met’s promise to look into offences committed during the Euro 2020 final, which resulted in a security breach at Wembley Stadium.” What happened at Wembley on Sunday?
Fans who did not have tickets were able to enter Wembley Stadium ahead of the Euro 2020 final between England and Italy.
The Metropolitan Police stated a “limited number” of persons had broken security and that they were working with Wembley Stadium security to prevent further illegal entry.
It was eventually confirmed that 49 persons were arrested while policing the game on Sunday.
The FA also criticized the actions of fans who gained unlawful access to Wembley Stadium.
(Picture courtesy of Getty Images/Alex Pantling)

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in News