Connect with us

News

The Three Black England Footballers Who Were Subjected To Racial Abuse Have Been Consoled By Prince William

The Duke of Cambridge has consoled three black England footballers who were subjected to horrific racial abuse after missing penalties in the Euros final shootout against Italy.
After the team’s defeat at Wembley last Sunday, Prince William went to the dressing room to console them, and he has since been in touch with Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka, who were harassed by internet trolls.
According to a source, William, who said he was “sickened” by the “unacceptable and repulsive racial abuse,” has been in contact with the Football Association about putting pressure on social media companies to do more to address the problem.
Williams’ attention has been on supporting the players, according to a Palace source, and there have been “private chats.” The Prince is President of the FA and attended the final with the Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George.
‘It must end now, and all those involved should be held accountable,’ he said in a statement after it was revealed the three players had been racially assaulted.
Williams’ attention has been on supporting the players, according to a Palace source, and there have been “private chats.”
Saka, 19, made a plea to the tech behemoths last week, urging them to step up their efforts.
He stated, ‘I don’t want any youngster or adult to experience the cruel and terrible letters that Marcus, Jadon, and I have gotten.’
‘I could tell right away what sort of hate I was going to get, and it’s a sad truth that your powerful platforms aren’t doing enough to stop these messages,’ she said.
Williams is passionate about combating racism in football and society.
He requested three years ago that CEOs of tech companies do more to stop people who spew online hatred.
He accused social media corporations of arrogance in a speech to the BBC, adding, ‘Their self-image is so based in their positive capacity for good that they appear reluctant to participate in constructive dialogue about the social problems they are causing.’
Despite widespread outrage after the recent abuse, the Centre for Countering Digital Hate reports that more than 80% of the Instagram profiles identified as insulting England players are still active.
Despite outrage at the recent abuse, more than 80% of the Instagram profiles identified as mocking England players are still active, according to MP Julian Knight, chair of the Technology, Culture, Media and Sport Committee.
The fact that the majority of these accounts are still active suggests that they don’t give a damn.
‘We’ve continued to remove abusive comments since the final on Sunday,’ Facebook, which owns Instagram, said.
There is no quick remedy for this problem, but we are committed to keeping our community safe from abuse.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in News