Connect with us


After Mauling Two Troops In A Isolated North Queensland Bay Rangers Trapped And Killed A Crocodile

Two troops were mauled by an aggressive crocodile while swimming in a remote Queensland bay where the reptiles are known to lurk, according to wildlife officers.
The police had no trouble recognizing their target, which became quite hostile as they neared it north of Lockhart River on Tuesday.
On Friday afternoon, the 2.5-metre croc was still in the same place where the soldiers were attacked, offshore from Portland Road.
A 2.5-metre crocodile that attacked the two soldiers was identified north of Lockhart River on Tuesday and killed by wildlife authorities. Cape York native Jayson Watkins (pictured) was called in by police to use his tinny to reach the army vessel and rescue the injured pair to shore.
A second soldier’s arm was ripped open as he attempted to assist.
The croc was caught and killed using drones, crocodile traps, and baited snares, with the environment department stating that relocation was not an option.
“We normally have a poor effect for the crocodile if we trap and relocate the animal over a long distance,” wildlife officer Ren Bone said.
“And we can’t leave an animal that has attacked a human being in the neighborhood,” authorities said. Jayson Watkins, a Cape York resident, was called in to assist in getting the injured couple to shore.
He’s perplexed as to why they went into the water in the first place.
Mr Watkins navigated his tinny to an army vessel anchored off Portland Road.
As he approached, he noticed a flurry of activity onboard, with medics bandaging the men’s wounds and administering pain relievers.
“They were plainly in shock, apart from the awful injuries,” he said.
“When you look at the injuries, it’s everything you’d expect.”
That was obviously shattered bones since the jaw pressure per square inch from a crocodile is tremendous.” The two underwent a 700-kilometer rescue operation before being met by a chopper and flown to Lockhart Airport.
They were transported to shore in the tinny, where they were met by a rescue chopper and flown to Lockhart Airport.
They were flown to Cairns by the Royal Flying Medical Service, where they were transported to hospital.
“Most visitors to Cape Town are aware of the dangers of crocodiles, but for some reason these gentlemen chose to disregard all warnings and go for a swim…
Mr Watkins remarked, “and almost paid the ultimate price.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in News